It is pleasure to be writing my first blog as CFO of Oak Tree. I joined Oak Tree in February this year and it has been a very busy and exciting time since.
It has been a pleasure to lead the finance team who are a hard working group that display a strong work ethic and teamwork.
Some of the finance related activities undertaken since my arrival have included:
– Completion of our first full year financial audit since our restructure
– Regular GST, FBT, payroll tax, group tax and company income tax returns
– Supporting our National Operations Manager (Lindsay Prior) with village budgets, financial statements and quantity surveyor reports
– IT support to Oak Tree and a number of initiatives of new technology to support our growth
– Regular Board reporting and Company Secretary support to the Board
Oak Tree have also commenced our Annual Meetings with each of our villages where I present and run through the financial statements. This provides a great opportunity to me to visit each of our sites, meet our residents and answers any questions. It has been fantastic to receive a lot of positive feedback about Oak Tree.
We have also approved a solar initiative to reduce our community centre electricity cost, with our Yeppoon village being our pilot.
I’m always available if you have any questions you would like to ask.