Here to help
This feels like the right choice...
The Deferred Management Fee (sometimes referred to as an ‘Exit Fee’) is the most commonly used structure for Retirement Villages in Australia.
For you, the primary benefits of the Deferred Management Fee include:
- The ability to purchase at a lower price today and enjoy the benefits of village life now;
- The Deferred Management Fee is not payable until you decide to move on and your villa is resold
- The lower cost of your retirement villa may allow you to enjoy a larger part of the proceeds from the sale of your home e.g. buy a new car or enjoy a holiday
- Oak Tree (as operator) will continue to market and promote the village with a variety of mediums to ensure qualified prospects are available on a waiting list and notified upon resale of your villa
- Given that Oak Tree (as operator) will receive its return from the Deferred Management Fee, Oak Tree will remain motivated to maintain and improve the village
- Sales commissions owing to an Oak Tree appointed sales representative are at Oak Tree’s cost. In the event that you (or your personal representatives) wish to appoint an external agent, sales commission and marketing will be at your cost.
- The Deferred Management Fee model is normally offered as part of a “loan/license’ which means that no GST or Stamp Duty is payable on the purchase of your villa.
Capped at a maximum rate of 36% over 6 years and is applied to the ingoing contribution (Purchase Price). Any capital gains achieved during your tenure is equally shared between you (or your beneficiaries) and Oak Tree Group.
Reinstatement costs incurred to return the villa to a sellable condition is at Oak Tree cost.