Goodna learns fire safety
The QLD Fire Department recently visited the Oak Tree Goodna village to give residents a quick "brush up" on their fire safety tips.
The majority of house hold fires occur in the kitchen, and it is is usually through silly and negligible mistakes that we can easily avoid.
Bringing along with them a fire safety demonstration van, the fire department showed residents what can go very wrong, and what not to do.
Putting water on an oil fire is a big no no, as visibly demonstrated, and the correct procedure would be to use a blanket instead.
Residents then reconvened in the community centre for further safety tips and question and answer time.