Menu
Ph 1300 367 155

Make an enquiry

 

Boronia's fire safety demo

Oak Tree Retirement Village Boronia Heights residents this week had a lesson on fire safety techniques.

The QLD Fire Safety Department visited with the village with their demonstration truck and spoke about the latest statistics showing most house fires start in the kitchen.

Many people make the mistake of pouring water on a stove fire. Using their demonstration truck, residents got to see first hand, what happens when this occurs and were struck with a dramatic vision of a fire explosion on a stove top.

Instead of putting water on an oil fire, the fire department explained that you should use a blanket instead to smother the fire, and spoke about the importance of having spare fire blankets available in your kitchen - preferably kept under the kitchen sink.

Residents then reconvened in the community centre for more safety techniques and a question and answer session.  

 

 

More Boronia Heights Village News

More Oaktree Group News

Fire demo truck arrives to Boronia Heights

Fire demo truck arrives to Boronia Heights

Explaining the do's and dont's

Explaining the do's and dont's

Demonstration of what happens when water meets oil

Demonstration of what happens when water meets oil

Previous Next